..if there is no Internet:
- then all the mails will be sent via snail mail or courier. We will all die of suspense while waiting for some important document via mail.
- we will always hear the phrase “Can I request for a fax tone?” or “Fax tone please..”
- private and public libraries will be full.
- we will pay for every research material that we need.
- long distance phone bills would make us drop our jaws.
- the only means of socialization would be like reunions, bars, singles clubs, club meetings, etc. (what? no face book or twitter?)
- books, magazines and newspapers will still be in, contributing to the cutting of trees.
- the only security that we need can either be: hiring of security guards, bodyguards, bank deposit safe boxes or personal safe vaults.
- people would only be drinking coffee, socialize or eating something in Starbucks.
..if there are no cellphones
- then those red public phone booths will still be popular. then Superman can have lots of options on where to change.
- it would be easier for us to disappear. vacations would be more enjoyable.
- people will not drool over your newer model cellphone.
..if there are no computers
- then upon entering an office, that clicking sound of a typewriter will welcome you. (oh i miss this sound.)
- calculators and adding machines will still be expensive.
- bank teller queues will still be that long. (oh well, it is still long now, isn’t it?)
- offices would be bigger, for they need additional floor space for those storage cabinets to keep the files and records.
- people would patronize the movie houses.
- people would be carrying large stacks of CD’s or even tapes while listening to music using their walkmans or CD players (right….no MP3s.)
- we need to have a stockbroker.
- we need to go to the bank to transact.
- preparation of our monthly reports would be very tedious. Imagine yourself trying to complete a 24 column accounting worksheet by hand.
- you would need a bigger table. this is also related to my item above, where offices need bigger floor spaces.
- carbon papers will still be in use.
- car repairs would still be a hit and miss thing.
- everything will still be paid in cash (yehey!)
- keeping inventories would really be a chore.
- no expensive IT projects to be competitive.
- on the brighter side of it…..MORE JOBS!
- I could have been a doctor or a pilot…
Life was way simplier then….
Just reminiscing those good old days.